Testing the waters and deciding what I want each post to look like.
Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup
Working off this recipe and, you know, being Taiwanese. This is one of my favorite comfort foods. It turned out well.
- in stock pot and 2 tbsp oil, stir fry 1/2-inch of ginger, 3 cloves garlic, 6 white half of scallions.
- add 2 tbsp bean paste, some hot sauce, 3/4 cup soy sauce, stir fry.
- add 2lb cubed beef, 2 tbsp cooking wine, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 star anise, 8 cups water.
- Simmer 1.5 hours, then remove meat. Dilute the concentrate around 2:1 to make the soup.
- Serve with noodles, blanched veggies, green half of scallions,
Thai-Style Mango Sticky Rice
You don’t want to know how much sugar goes into it. Okay, I’ll tell you. A lot. It is not mango season. Oops.
- 2 cups Thai glutinous rice, 2.5 cups water. soak for 1 hour, then steam in rice cooker.
- mix rice with 1.5 cups coconut milk, 1 cup sugar, .5 tsp salt.
- for sauce, boil 1/3 cup coconut milk, 3 tbsp sugar, then chill.
- serve rice with mango, sauce, toasted sesame seeds.
One puzzle I need to solve: how am I supposed to light these photos without putting it on our gross stove?!