Originally we sourced a recipe for healthier scones from womensday.com which called for sour cream, except I didn’t have sour cream, so now I just make it with yogurt anyway.
It’s all in cutting the butter, and I take a shortcut by basically mincing the butter before dumping it into the powder.
Rosemary Cranberry Scones
- 2 cups flour, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, ½ tsp salt. Whisk.
- 6 tbsp cold butter. Cut up with knives into little chunks and incorporate into powder.
- ¾ cup craisins, 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped. Mix in. (or 1 cup chocolate chips)
- 1 egg, ⅔ cup yogurt, 1 tsp vanilla extract. Whisk, then add. Don’t overbeat.
- On floured surface, shape into 1-inch thick round. Cut into 8 slices.
- 425 F, 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.