What’s the best thing to do with a cast-iron skillet that you bought primarily to sear meats? Bake a cookie in it, obviously. Recipe from marthastewart.com. Cost for ingredients: $2.78.
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Cream 6 tbsp butter room temp, 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add 1 egg, 3/4 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt. Mix until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Optionally refrigerate overnight.
- Spread into 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Stud with ~1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 F for 18-20 minutes (or 22-26 minutes from cold), until dark golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve in 8-12 slices with ice cream.