I can’t really write a terse recipe for steak and potatoes because it’s just featured ingredients plus salt/pepper/oil plus lots of technique. I’ve picked up some from watching cooking shows on YouTube.
Sorry for the subpar photo. I was a little eager to eat this after my ridiculous snow adventure today. I was also trying to disguise the fact I only own one plate, which is much too small.
- Scrub skin. Dice potatoes to 1/2″ cubes.
- Parboil for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer to skillet. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast at 425 F for 30-35 minutes. Turn twice in between, trying to achieve sear on sides.
- Separately, saute 1/4 small onion, diced.
- Combine, garnish with chives.
- Bring to room temp. Pat dry to remove blood.
- Season with generous kosher salt, cracked pepper.
- On skillet on high heat, heat olive oil, then lay steak down to sear.
- After about a minute, flip over, then turn to low heat.
- Cook without moving 5-7 minutes, depending on thickness. Flip.
- Add knob of butter, a couple whole cloves garlic, a couple sprigs thyme. Baste with butter. Cook for 6-8 more minutes.
- Remove steak, pour juices over, rest for 5-7 minutes.