This is a dish passed on from my grandma to my mom to me. It’s a simple comfort food and the first decent dish that I learned how to make. As such, I have no idea how much of each ingredient I actually use, haha.
Taiwanese Sticky Rice
- Reconstitute 4-5 dried shiitake mushroom, then slice. Soak ~2 tbsp small dried shrimp.
- 1 pork tenderloin, sliced to small strips. Marinate briefly in soy sauce, cooking wine.
- 4 cups sticky rice. Wash until water nearly clear, almost drain, add about 4.5 cups more water.
- In wok with generous oil, saute mushrooms and shrimp. When fragrant, brown pork. Time saute so pork and rice finish at the same time.
- Add half of rice, then ~2 tbsp dried shallots, some pepper. Pour in soy sauce until rice is quite dark. Stir.
- Add rest of rice. Stir a little. Top with scallions.