After the skillet cookie, my friend told me to bake a mac and cheese. That I did. Recipe from kitchn.com.
Baked Mac and Cheese
- Boil 8 oz macaroni in salted water, undercooking a little.
- In skillet over medium heat, melt 2+ tbsp butter. Stir some melted butter into 1/2 cup panko (and 1 tsp fresh thyme).
- Sift in 2 tbsp flour, whisk for 1-2 minutes, until brown and fragrant. Add 1.5 cups milk. Cook until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, slowly stir in 1.5 cups (6 oz) grated cheese, such as sharp cheddar. Stir in 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp paprika.
- Stir cooked pasta. Top with bread crumbs. Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and top is golden brown.