Made using this recipe from Alton Brown. I made the pudding and whipped the cream, but it occurs to me that as I’m on a cookie making spree I could’ve made the vanilla wafers too.
- In small pot, whisk 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk into 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tbsp cornstarch, 1/4 tsp kosher salt. Whisk in 2 cups whole milk.
- Stir over med-low heat for 5-10 minutes, until it thickens and bubbles around edges.
- Whisk in 3 tbsp butter in pieces. Whisk in 1/2 tsp vanilla. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Layer pudding with 3 ripe bananas sliced, ~40 nilla wafers (about half box).
- Whip 1 cup heavy cream with 2 tbsp sugar with frozen bowl and whisk until stiff peaks. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with crushed wafers.